United Airlines Change Flight: A Complete Guide

Changing your flight with United Airlines can be a straightforward process if you know the steps and policies involved. This guide will walk you through everything you need to know about changing a United Airlines flight, including fees, how to change your flight online, and what to expect.

How to Change Your United Airlines Flight Online?

1. Visit United Airlines Website: Go to united.com.

2. Log In: Enter your MileagePlus account details or use your booking reference and last name.

3. Manage Reservations: Navigate to the "My Trips" section.

4. Select Flight: Choose the flight you wish to change.

5. Make Changes: Follow the prompts to select a new flight. Review any fare differences or change fees.

6. Confirm Changes: Complete the process by paying any additional fees and receiving a confirmation of your new flight details.

United Airlines Flight Change Policy

• No Change Fees: For most domestic and international tickets, United has eliminated change fees. This applies to all standard Economy and Premium cabin tickets.

• Basic Economy: Basic Economy tickets are typically non-changeable unless due to exceptional circumstances.

• Same-Day Changes: United offers a same-day flight change option for a fee, subject to seat availability. MileagePlus Premier members may have reduced or waived fees.

• Fare Differences: If the new flight is more expensive, you will need to pay the fare difference. If it is cheaper, you may receive a travel credit.

Fees and Restrictions

• Standard Tickets: No change fees, but fare difference applies.

• Basic Economy: Generally non-changeable, except during certain travel waivers.

• Award Tickets: Change fees for award tickets depend on your MileagePlus status and the type of award ticket.

Contact United Airlines

If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, you can contact United Airlines Customer Service:

• Phone: Call the United Airlines customer service number provided on their website.

• Social Media: Reach out via Twitter or Facebook for support.

• Airport: Visit a United Airlines desk at the airport for in-person assistance.

Can I change my United Airlines flight for free?

Yes, United has eliminated change fees for most Economy and Premium cabin tickets, but fare differences may apply.

How late can I change my United Airlines flight?

You can change your flight up to the time of departure, subject to availability and any applicable fare differences.

What if my new flight is cheaper?

If the new flight is cheaper, you may receive a travel credit for the difference.

By following these guidelines, you can easily manage your flight changes with United Airlines and ensure a smooth travel experience. For the latest updates and detailed policies, always refer to the official United Airlines website.

This guide provides a concise overview, making it easy for you to find the information you need quickly, perfect for a Google featured snippet.

United Airlines Change Flight: FAQs

1. Can I change my United Airlines flight online?

Yes, you can change your flight online through the "My Trips" section on United’s website or mobile app.

2. Are there any fees for changing my flight?

United has eliminated change fees for most domestic and international flights in Economy and Premium cabins. Basic Economy tickets are generally non-changeable.

3. How do I know if my ticket is eligible for a change?

Log into your United account and check your trip details. The eligibility and any potential fees will be displayed.

4. What happens if my new flight is more expensive?

You will need to pay the fare difference if the new flight is more expensive than your original booking.

5. Can I change a Basic Economy ticket?

Basic Economy tickets are usually non-changeable, except under specific travel waivers or exceptional circumstances.

6. Is it possible to change my flight on the day of travel?

Yes, United offers same-day flight changes for a fee, subject to seat availability. MileagePlus Premier members may have reduced or waived fees.

7. Will I receive a refund if my new flight is cheaper?

If the new flight is cheaper, you may receive a travel credit for the fare difference.

8. How can I contact United Airlines for help with changing my flight?

You can contact United Airlines via their customer service phone number, social media channels, or in person at the airport.

9. Can award tickets be changed?

Yes, but change fees for award tickets depend on your MileagePlus status and the type of award ticket.

10. What is the deadline for changing my flight?

You can change your flight up to the time of departure, subject to seat availability and fare differences.

11. Are there any restrictions for international flights?

The same no-change-fee policy applies, but be aware of fare differences and potential visa or entry requirements for your new destination.

12. Can I change my flight if I booked through a third-party site?

You may need to contact the third-party site directly to change your flight, as their policies may differ from United’s.

13. What if my flight is canceled by United Airlines?

If United cancels your flight, you can change to another flight without any additional fees or fare differences.

14. Can I change my flight if I am a MileagePlus member?

MileagePlus members can change flights and may have additional benefits such as reduced or waived same-day change fees.

15. How do I find out about travel waivers?

Travel waivers are posted on United’s website under the “Travel Notices” section.

16. Can I change my flight if I miss it?

If you miss your flight, you may need to purchase a new ticket, but contact United as soon as possible for assistance.

17. What if I have travel insurance?

Check your travel insurance policy, as it may cover change fees or fare differences.

18. Can I switch to a different airport?

You can change to a different airport if flights are available, but fare differences will apply.

19. Do I need to pay for seat selection again after changing my flight?

Seat selection fees may apply again if you choose a new seat on the changed flight.

20. Is there a limit to how many times I can change my flight?

There is no specific limit to how many times you can change your flight, but fare differences will apply each time.