Delta Airlines Change Flight: A Comprehensive Guide

Changing your flight with Delta Airlines is a straightforward process when you know the right steps and their policies. This guide provides all the essential information you need to change your Delta flight, including how to do it online, potential fees, and frequently asked questions.

How to Change Your Delta Airlines Flight Online

1. Visit Delta's Website: Go to delta.com.

2. Log In: Enter your SkyMiles account details or use your booking confirmation number and last name.

3. Manage Booking: Navigate to the "My Trips" section.

4. Select Flight: Choose the flight you wish to change.

5. Make Changes: Follow the prompts to select a new flight. Review any fare differences or change fees.

6. Confirm Changes: Complete the process by paying any additional fees and receiving a confirmation of your new flight details.

Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy

• No Change Fees: Delta has eliminated change fees for most domestic and international tickets, excluding Basic Economy.

• Basic Economy: Basic Economy tickets are typically non-changeable unless under specific travel waivers.

• Same-Day Changes: Delta offers same-day flight change options for a fee, subject to availability. Medallion Members may have reduced or waived fees.

• Fare Differences: If the new flight is more expensive, you will need to pay the fare difference. If it is cheaper, you may receive an eCredit for the difference.

Fees and Restrictions

• Standard Tickets: No change fees, but fare difference applies.

• Basic Economy: Generally non-changeable, except under certain conditions.

• Award Tickets: Change fees for award tickets depend on your SkyMiles status and the type of award ticket.

Contact Delta Airlines

If you need further assistance, you can contact Delta Airlines Customer Service:

• Phone: Call the Delta customer service number provided on their website.

• Social Media: Reach out via Twitter or Facebook for support.

• Airport: Visit a Delta desk at the airport for in-person assistance.

Can I change my Delta flight for free?

Yes, Delta has eliminated change fees for most Economy and Premium cabin tickets, but fare differences may apply.

How late can I change my Delta flight?

You can change your flight up to the time of departure, subject to availability and any applicable fare differences.

What if my new flight is cheaper?

If the new flight is cheaper, you may receive an eCredit for the difference.

By following these steps and understanding the policies, you can easily manage your flight changes with Delta Airlines, ensuring a smooth travel experience. For the latest updates and detailed policies, always refer to the official Delta Airlines website.

Delta Airlines Change Flight FAQs

1. Can I change my Delta flight for free?

Yes, Delta has eliminated change fees for most domestic and international tickets, except for Basic Economy fares.

2. How do I change my Delta flight online?

Visit delta.com, log in to your account, navigate to "My Trips," select your flight, and follow the prompts to make changes.

3. Are there any fees for changing a Basic Economy ticket?

Basic Economy tickets are typically non-changeable unless under specific travel waivers or exceptional circumstances.

4. How late can I change my Delta flight?

You can change your flight up to the time of departure, subject to seat availability and any applicable fare differences.

5. What happens if my new flight is cheaper?

If the new flight is cheaper, Delta will issue an eCredit for the fare difference, which can be used for future travel.

6. Can I change my Delta flight over the phone?

Yes, you can contact Delta Airlines Customer Service by phone to change your flight.

7. Do I need to pay the fare difference when changing my flight?

Yes, if the new flight is more expensive, you must pay the fare difference.

8. Can Medallion Members change their flights for free?

Medallion Members often enjoy reduced or waived fees for same-day flight changes.

9. How do I know if my ticket is eligible for a change?

Log in to your Delta account and check the "My Trips" section, or review your fare conditions in your booking confirmation.

10. What if I miss my flight?

If you miss your flight, contact Delta Airlines as soon as possible to explore your options, which may include rebooking on the next available flight.

11. Can I change my flight at the airport?

Yes, you can visit a Delta desk at the airport to change your flight.

12. How do I receive a confirmation of my new flight details?

You will receive a confirmation email once the changes are finalized, and you can also view the updated details in the "My Trips" section on Delta’s website.

13. Are award tickets eligible for changes?

Yes, but change fees for award tickets depend on your SkyMiles status and the type of award ticket.

14. Can I change my flight through the Delta mobile app?

Yes, you can manage and change your flights through the Delta mobile app.

15. What is Delta’s policy for same-day flight changes?

Delta offers same-day flight change options for a fee, subject to availability. Medallion Members may have reduced or waived fees.

16. Can I cancel my flight instead of changing it?

Yes, you can cancel your flight and receive an eCredit for future travel, subject to fare rules.

17. What if Delta changes my flight schedule?

If Delta changes your flight schedule, you can often change your flight without additional fees.

18. Do I earn SkyMiles on changed flights?

Yes, you will earn SkyMiles on changed flights based on the fare class and distance flown.

19. Can I change my destination when changing my flight?

Yes, you can change your destination, but fare differences and change fees may apply.

20. How do I use an eCredit from a previous flight change?

Log in to your Delta account, book a new flight, and select the eCredit as your payment method during checkout.